Saturday 22 August 2009

Another birthday....

....and guess what....It's mine!
As I turn 42 today and I crawl into my bath chair, order the Zimmer frame and dribble into my Wincarnis, it's a source of constant surprise to me that I ever looked like this...
I'm sure i still have those socks somewhere!
On this day in History, in 1485 Richard III was killed at the Battle of Bosworth and Henry VII became the first king of the Tudor dynasty. The English Civil War began in 1642. Captain Cook claimed Australia for the British Crown in 1770 and in 1775 King George III proclaimed the American colonies to be in open rebellion.
One of Edvard Munch's paintings of 'The Scream' was stolen in Norway in 2004. Coincidentally, The Mona Lisa was also stolen on this day, from the Louvre in Paris in 1911.
I share a birthday with composer Claude Debussey (1862) and 'Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf (1934).
That will have to be all for now as the nurse will soon be here with my medication and I'm due for my afternoon nap before tea, my favourite TV programme and bed by 8 o'clock.
'...OK nurse, help me onto the commode......'

No comments: